Rehab from an injury doesn’t have to be complicated. It should be focused, simple to perform without elaborate equipment, and you should feel better every time you do them. The goal is to get you moving as normally and optimally as possible. Your rehab exercise program will be unique to you and your goals.
All exercises will be performed in office so that you will have a good understanding of what to do. You will not just simply be given an exercise sheet and told good luck. You be given specific instructions with a follow-up email so there are no misunderstandings about what you are supposed to do.
The will be your exercises and you will have to do them. You will be performing exercises in our office but the bulk of the work will be performed by you at home. This will save you time and healthcare dollars.
Why is rehab needed?
Simple… Your body will follow the path of least resistance. If things hurt, you will move less as a defense mechanism. We call it pain avoidance behavior. This sets the stage for a faulty movement pattern, scar tissue development, and muscle weakness and imbalance.
- If you had a recent injury or are recovering from surgery – you need to restore proper movement to prevent joint stiffness and scar tissue
- If you have chronic back or joint pain – you need to stabilize the area to prevent further damage and improve joint mobility
- If you have a postural or repetitive injury – you need to learn new movement patterns to reduce strain on you joints, ligaments, and tendons
- If you have a faulty movement pattern – you need to learn how to move to prevent injury
- Sports performance – you need optimal mechanics for peak performance and quick recovery